- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Global shares grind higher, yen edges up on Amari comments |
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
Irish government secures new public-sector pay deal -unions
DUBLIN Feb 25 (Reuters) - The Irish government struck an agreement with the largest public-sector unions on Monday to extend a pay deal that has been credited with avoiding industrial unrest during the country's financial crisis.
Officials from the SIPTU and IMPACT trade unions, the country's largest, said a deal had been reached on an extension to the Croke Park pay deal, which the government has said it hopes will provide savings of 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion) over three years.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this