No majority seen in Italy Senate- RAI TV projection
ROME Feb 25 (Reuters) - None of the four main groups running in the Italian parliamentary election is likely to win a majority in the Senate, a projection for RAI state TV indicated on Monday.
Italy's centre-right is seen getting 113 Senate seats, with the centre-left gaining 105, Beppe Grillo's 5-Star Movement at 63 and Mario Monti's centrists 20, RAI said.
A coalition or party must win at least 158 of the 315 Senate seats to gain a majority in the upper house, which a government would need to pass legislation.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act