No majority seen in Italy Senate- RAI TV projection
ROME Feb 25 (Reuters) - None of the four main groups running in the Italian parliamentary election is likely to win a majority in the Senate, a projection for RAI state TV indicated on Monday.
Italy's centre-right is seen getting 113 Senate seats, with the centre-left gaining 105, Beppe Grillo's 5-Star Movement at 63 and Mario Monti's centrists 20, RAI said.
A coalition or party must win at least 158 of the 315 Senate seats to gain a majority in the upper house, which a government would need to pass legislation.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |