Italy centre-right seen with 121 Senate seats, centre-left 96- RAI
ROME Feb 25 (Reuters) - Italy's centre-right is ahead in the tally for Senate seats, according to a projection by RAI state TV.
The centre-right is seen taking 121 seats, with the centre-left at 96, Beppe Grillo's 5-Star Movement at 65, and outgoing Prime Minister Mario Monti's party at 19. A Senate majority is 158.
Senate seats are awarded on a regional basis. Projections for the overall vote showed both blocs tied at 30.7 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter