CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps at open in broad-based rally
TORONTO, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened sharply higher on Monday, boosted by gains in heavyweight banking, energy and mining stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 99.66 points, or 0.78 percent, 12,801.29 shortly after the open.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat