CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps at open in broad-based rally
TORONTO, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened sharply higher on Monday, boosted by gains in heavyweight banking, energy and mining stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 99.66 points, or 0.78 percent, 12,801.29 shortly after the open.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic