Europe shares fall on Italy Senate vote projection
LONDON Feb 25 (Reuters) - European shares lost their earlier gains on Monday after a projection by Italian TV showed the centre-right party, led by former leader Silvio Berlusconi, leading in elections for the Senate vote.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which had been up by around 0.5 percent before the RAI TV projection was published, trimmed those gains to leave the index up by 0.1 percent at 1,166.34 points by 1533 GMT.
Italy's benchmark FTSE MIB equity index also pared its earlier gains after RAI published its projection on how the Senate votes were proceeding.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |