Euro leaps vs dollar, yen after Italian exit poll
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The euro leaped against the dollar and yen on Monday as investors embraced risk after Italian election exit polls.
The euro last traded at $1.3286, up 0.7 percent on the day. It rose as high as $1.3313 after the exit poll results. It hit a global session high of $1.3318 earlier in the session.
The euro last traded at 125.04 yen, up 1.5 percent on the day. It rose as high as 125.17 after the exit poll. It hit a global session high of 125.25 earlier in the global session, according to Reuters data.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |