Euro leaps vs dollar, yen after Italian exit poll
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The euro leaped against the dollar and yen on Monday as investors embraced risk after Italian election exit polls.
The euro last traded at $1.3286, up 0.7 percent on the day. It rose as high as $1.3313 after the exit poll results. It hit a global session high of $1.3318 earlier in the session.
The euro last traded at 125.04 yen, up 1.5 percent on the day. It rose as high as 125.17 after the exit poll. It hit a global session high of 125.25 earlier in the global session, according to Reuters data.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.