US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow, Nasdaq drop more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The Dow and Nasdaq each dropped more than 1 percent while the S&P 500 added to losses on Monday, on fears that a divided parliament in Italy would get in the way of the country's reforms and hamper the euro zone's stability.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 186.38 points, or 1.33 percent, at 13,814.19. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 24.87 points, or 1.64 percent, at 1,490.73. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 41.84 points, or 1.32 percent, at 3,119.98.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat