US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 falls more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 declined more than 1 percent on Monday on fears that a divided parliament in Italy would get in the way of the country's reforms and hamper the euro zone's stability.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 100.22 points, or 0.72 percent, at 13,900.35. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 14.69 points, or 0.97 percent, at 1,500.91, after briefly falling more than 1 percent. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 20.86 points, or 0.66 percent, at 3,140.96.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software