- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Stocks, bond prices drop as Fed points to reduced bond buying
- Wall St. drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus |
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the southern Gulf of Mexico -NHC
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 falls more than 1 pct
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 declined more than 1 percent on Monday on fears that a divided parliament in Italy would get in the way of the country's reforms and hamper the euro zone's stability.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 100.22 points, or 0.72 percent, at 13,900.35. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 14.69 points, or 0.97 percent, at 1,500.91, after briefly falling more than 1 percent. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 20.86 points, or 0.66 percent, at 3,140.96.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this