New York Times to rename IHT as International New York Times
Feb 25 (Reuters) - The New York Times Co said it would rename the global edition of its namesake newspaper, the International Herald Tribune (IHT), as the International New York Times.
The International New York Times, which will be available in print, on the Web and on mobile platforms, will be edited from Hong Kong, Paris, London and New York and launched later this year, the company said in a statement.
"Today's announcement comes after a thorough evaluation of our place in the global arena ... we believe there is significant potential to grow the number of New York Times subscribers outside of the United States," Chief Executive Mark Thompson said.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data