'Brave' wins Best Animated Feature Oscar
LOS ANGELES Feb 24 (Reuters) - "Brave," the story of a rebellious, red-headed princess, on Sunday won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature.
The fairy tale from Disney's Pixar studio is set in the ancient Scottish highlands and centers around horseback-riding teen Princess Merida, who defies her mother, breaks with tradition and does her own thing.
"Brave" was a departure for Pixar because it was the studio's first to feature a strong female as the lead character. (Reporting By Nichola Groom; Editing by Jill Serjeant and Sandra Maler)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources