'Brave' wins Best Animated Feature Oscar
LOS ANGELES Feb 24 (Reuters) - "Brave," the story of a rebellious, red-headed princess, on Sunday won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature.
The fairy tale from Disney's Pixar studio is set in the ancient Scottish highlands and centers around horseback-riding teen Princess Merida, who defies her mother, breaks with tradition and does her own thing.
"Brave" was a departure for Pixar because it was the studio's first to feature a strong female as the lead character. (Reporting By Nichola Groom; Editing by Jill Serjeant and Sandra Maler)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea