Telefonica Brasil earnings beat forecasts; EBITDA rises
SAO PAULO Feb 25 (Reuters) - Brazilian phone company Telefonica Brasil SA said on Monday that its fourth-quarter net income was little changed from a year earlier, edging up to 1.474 billion reais ($748 million).
Earnings beat an average forecast of 1.1 billion reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
The Brazilian unit of Spain's Telefonica said earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization rose 17 percent to 3.854 billion reais, well above a forecast of 3.0 billion reais.
($1 = 1.97 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Alberto Alerigi Jr. and Brad Haynes; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies