Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON Feb 25 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |