Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON Feb 25 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Traveler from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead