Alstom wins offshore grid connection contract
PARIS Feb 26 (Reuters) - Alstom said it won a contract from European cross-border transmission grid operator TenneT to connect North Sea wind farms to the mainland supergrid in a project with an investment volume of more than 1 billion euros ($1.32 billion).
"As the general contractor for TenneT, Alstom will supply and construct both the onshore and offshore converter stations as well as the connecting cable systems for DolWin3," Alstom said in a statement on Tuesday. ($1 = 0.7567 euros) (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Dominique Vidalon)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade