AutoZone profit rises on lower costs
Feb 26 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, reported a 5.6 percent rise in quarterly profit as the company spent less on parts it bought.
Net income rose to $176.2 million, or $4.78 per share, in the second quarter, from $166.9 million, or $4.15 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $1.86 billion.
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California