AutoZone profit rises on lower costs
Feb 26 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, reported a 5.6 percent rise in quarterly profit as the company spent less on parts it bought.
Net income rose to $176.2 million, or $4.78 per share, in the second quarter, from $166.9 million, or $4.15 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $1.86 billion.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |