Brazil jobless rate rises to 5.4 pct in January
SAO PAULO Feb 26 (Reuters) - Brazil's jobless rate rose in January to 5.4 percent from a record low of 4.6 percent in December, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
The number was slightly above the median forecast of 5.3 percent in a Reuters survey of 27 economists. The estimates ranged from 4.9 percent to 5.5 percent.
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours