Brazil jobless rate rises to 5.4 pct in January
SAO PAULO Feb 26 (Reuters) - Brazil's jobless rate rose in January to 5.4 percent from a record low of 4.6 percent in December, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
The number was slightly above the median forecast of 5.3 percent in a Reuters survey of 27 economists. The estimates ranged from 4.9 percent to 5.5 percent.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport