Barbara Walters to return to TV's 'The View' next week
(Reuters) - Barbara Walters said on Tuesday she will return to the daytime TV talk show "The View" next week after more than a monthlong absence due to illness.
The broadcast journalist, who has been recovering from chicken pox and a concussion, made the announcement in a call-in to a taping of the show.
"Like it or not, I'm coming back on the show again," Walters, 83, said about her plans to return on Monday.
Walters was hospitalized last month after fainting and hitting her head while at the British ambassador's residence in Washington during President Barack Obama's inauguration weekend.
She was also diagnosed with chicken pox and told to rest.
"No more chicken pox ... I haven't been contagious for a while, but (doctors) wanted me to have rest, and I've had enough rest and I'm ready to come back," she said.
Walters, who created the women-focused talk show after working for decades as one of television's best-known journalists, had been recuperating in New York.
Chicken pox, which is usually associated with children, can be serious for adults and the elderly.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols