First Solar posts fourth-quarter profit
LOS ANGELES Feb 26 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc on Tuesday reported a quarterly profit, reversing a year-ago loss, due to fewer restructuring costs and strong sales related to a California utility-scale project.
Net income was $154.2 million, or $1.74 per share, compared with a loss of $485.3 million, or $4.78 per share, a year ago.
Excluding one-time items, First Solar earned $2.04 per share. Wall Street analysts, on average, had been expecting $1.75 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net sales were $1.08 billion, up from $660.4 million a year ago.
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit |
- Ukraine government resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Ukraine president calls for new anti-rebel offensive as crisis deal falters |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China