First Solar posts fourth-quarter profit
LOS ANGELES Feb 26 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc on Tuesday reported a quarterly profit, reversing a year-ago loss, due to fewer restructuring costs and strong sales related to a California utility-scale project.
Net income was $154.2 million, or $1.74 per share, compared with a loss of $485.3 million, or $4.78 per share, a year ago.
Excluding one-time items, First Solar earned $2.04 per share. Wall Street analysts, on average, had been expecting $1.75 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net sales were $1.08 billion, up from $660.4 million a year ago.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |