Home Depot quarterly profit rises
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Home Depot Inc reported a higher quarterly profit, aided by improvements in the U.S. housing market and sales tied to Hurricane Sandy, helping the world's No. 1 home improvement chain outshine rival Lowe's Cos Inc for the 15th straight quarter.
Net earnings for the fourth quarter ended on Feb. 3 rose to $1.0 billion, or 68 cents a share, from $774 million, or 50 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions