Home Depot quarterly profit rises
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Home Depot Inc reported a higher quarterly profit, aided by improvements in the U.S. housing market and sales tied to Hurricane Sandy, helping the world's No. 1 home improvement chain outshine rival Lowe's Cos Inc for the 15th straight quarter.
Net earnings for the fourth quarter ended on Feb. 3 rose to $1.0 billion, or 68 cents a share, from $774 million, or 50 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |