European stock index futures signal early slump
LONDON Feb 26 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a sharply lower open on Tuesday as a parliamentary deadlock in Italy threatened to blow Europe's largest debtor off the reform path and rocked global markets.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 fell 3.1 percent, contracts for Germany's DAX shed 1.9 percent and futures for France's CAC were down 2.8 percent.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory