Euro/dollar skids to nearly 7-week low on Italy vote concerns
TOKYO Feb 26 (Reuters) - The euro skidded to an almost seven-week low against the dollar in Asia on Tuesday, after political uncertainty following an Italian election rekindled fears about the euro zone's debt crisis.
The euro fell as far as $1.3042, its lowest since Jan. 10.
Italy's centre left won the lower house as widely expected, but projections by Italian media indicate no party or coalition will be able to form a majority in the upper house, or Senate.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data