STXNEWS LATAM-Sustainability of Brazil steel price hikes under question-BofA
Potential price hikes for flat steel products and higher import tariffs could create a positive momentum for Brazilian steelmakers, but such developments are generally priced in, analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch led by Thiago Lofiego said on Tuesday. "Although this is a clear positive for flat steel players in Brazil, we question the sustainability and think such hikes might not be fully implemented," Lofiego said in a client note.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts remain cautious on the outlook for the industry in Brazil.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat