STXNEWS LATAM-Sustainability of Brazil steel price hikes under question-BofA
Potential price hikes for flat steel products and higher import tariffs could create a positive momentum for Brazilian steelmakers, but such developments are generally priced in, analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch led by Thiago Lofiego said on Tuesday. "Although this is a clear positive for flat steel players in Brazil, we question the sustainability and think such hikes might not be fully implemented," Lofiego said in a client note.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts remain cautious on the outlook for the industry in Brazil.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote