STXNEWS LATAM-Sustainability of Brazil steel price hikes under question-BofA
Potential price hikes for flat steel products and higher import tariffs could create a positive momentum for Brazilian steelmakers, but such developments are generally priced in, analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch led by Thiago Lofiego said on Tuesday. "Although this is a clear positive for flat steel players in Brazil, we question the sustainability and think such hikes might not be fully implemented," Lofiego said in a client note.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts remain cautious on the outlook for the industry in Brazil.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website