Tribune Co hires bankers to sell newspaper assets-CNBC
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Tribune Co has hired investment bankers to sell off its newspaper unit, which includes The Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune, CNBC reported on Tuesday.
The company has hired Evercore and J.P. Morgan to run an auction for the newspapers, the network said. The company emerged from bankruptcy last year, and was expected to pursue a sale of the newspapers.
Tribune declined to comment on the report.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand