Tribune Co hires bankers to sell newspaper assets-CNBC
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Tribune Co has hired investment bankers to sell off its newspaper unit, which includes The Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune, CNBC reported on Tuesday.
The company has hired Evercore and J.P. Morgan to run an auction for the newspapers, the network said. The company emerged from bankruptcy last year, and was expected to pursue a sale of the newspapers.
Tribune declined to comment on the report.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead