Turkish Jan foreign tourist arrivals up 12.54 pct yr/yr
ISTANBUL Feb 26 (Reuters) - The number of foreign visitors to Turkey rose 12.54 percent year-on-year in January to 1.1 million people, Tourism Ministry data showed on Tuesday.
It rose 12.43 percent the previous month. In 2012 as a whole, the total number of foreign visitors amounted to 31.78 million people, up 1.04 percent from 2011. (Writing by Ece Toksabay)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown