Turkish Jan foreign tourist arrivals up 12.54 pct yr/yr
ISTANBUL Feb 26 (Reuters) - The number of foreign visitors to Turkey rose 12.54 percent year-on-year in January to 1.1 million people, Tourism Ministry data showed on Tuesday.
It rose 12.43 percent the previous month. In 2012 as a whole, the total number of foreign visitors amounted to 31.78 million people, up 1.04 percent from 2011. (Writing by Ece Toksabay)
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |