Potash Corp seeking control of Israel Chemicals
(Reuters) - Potash Corp of Saskatchewan (POT.TO) wants to buy at least majority control of ICL Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL.TA) and sees local opposition to its approach as based on unfounded fears, Potash Corp's chief financial officer said on Tuesday.
Potash is aiming to boost its 14 percent stake to at least 51 percent and preferably 100 percent of ICL, the world's sixth-largest potash producer, CFO Wayne Brownlee said at the BMO Capital Markets Global Metals & Mining conference in Hollywood, Florida.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets