Potash Corp seeking control of Israel Chemicals
(Reuters) - Potash Corp of Saskatchewan (POT.TO) wants to buy at least majority control of ICL Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL.TA) and sees local opposition to its approach as based on unfounded fears, Potash Corp's chief financial officer said on Tuesday.
Potash is aiming to boost its 14 percent stake to at least 51 percent and preferably 100 percent of ICL, the world's sixth-largest potash producer, CFO Wayne Brownlee said at the BMO Capital Markets Global Metals & Mining conference in Hollywood, Florida.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities