Qatar hires UBS for possible $3 bln VTB deal-sources
DUBAI/LONDON Feb 26 (Reuters) - Qatar's sovereign wealth fund has hired UBS to advise on a possible $3 billion investment in Russian state-owned bank VTB, two people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
VTB is working on a capital increase with Citigroup, the sources said.
"Talks are very advanced", one of the people said in regard to Qatar's discussions with VTB. A deal could still fail on price disagreement since Qatar Holding wants a cheap deal while the Russian government, which owns 75 percent of VTB, is concerned to sell down at a decent price.
Qatar Holding declined to comment. UBS and Citigroup, were not immediately available for comment.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV