Qatar hires UBS for possible $3 bln VTB deal-sources
DUBAI/LONDON Feb 26 (Reuters) - Qatar's sovereign wealth fund has hired UBS to advise on a possible $3 billion investment in Russian state-owned bank VTB, two people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
VTB is working on a capital increase with Citigroup, the sources said.
"Talks are very advanced", one of the people said in regard to Qatar's discussions with VTB. A deal could still fail on price disagreement since Qatar Holding wants a cheap deal while the Russian government, which owns 75 percent of VTB, is concerned to sell down at a decent price.
Qatar Holding declined to comment. UBS and Citigroup, were not immediately available for comment.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers