Weatherford posts Q4 loss, revenue ahead of estimates
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Oilfield services company Weatherford International Ltd posted on Monday a loss for the fourth quarter, hit by a sharp decline in North American earnings, though its overall revenue came in ahead of analysts' estimates.
Weatherford posted a fourth-quarter loss of $122 million, or 16 cents per share, compared with a loss of $13 million, or 2 cents per share, a year ago. Excluding items including costs of a tax remediation efforts and losses associated with Iraq contracts, the company earned $8 million, or 1 cent per share.
Revenue increased by 9 percent to $4.06 billion, ahead of the average estimate of $3.91 billion on Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |