Weatherford posts Q4 loss, revenue ahead of estimates
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Oilfield services company Weatherford International Ltd posted on Monday a loss for the fourth quarter, hit by a sharp decline in North American earnings, though its overall revenue came in ahead of analysts' estimates.
Weatherford posted a fourth-quarter loss of $122 million, or 16 cents per share, compared with a loss of $13 million, or 2 cents per share, a year ago. Excluding items including costs of a tax remediation efforts and losses associated with Iraq contracts, the company earned $8 million, or 1 cent per share.
Revenue increased by 9 percent to $4.06 billion, ahead of the average estimate of $3.91 billion on Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion