- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
AIA says has approval to open representative office in Myanmar
HONG KONG |
HONG KONG Feb 27 (Reuters) - Asia's No. 3 insurer, AIA Group Ltd, said on Wednesday it has received provisional approval to open a representative office in Myanmar.
Chief Executive Mark Tucker told reporters on a conference call after its earnings on Wednesday that it planned to open the office later this year.
Foreign companies would not be allowed to conduct business in Myanmar until around 2015, Tucker said, adding that he doesn't expect Myanmar operations to become material for at least 5 to 10 years. (Reporting By Clare Baldwin; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this