Brazil posts Jan primary budget surplus of 30.251 bln reais
BRASILIA Feb 27 (Reuters) - Brazil posted a primary budget surplus of 30.251 billion reais ($15 billion) in January after a surplus of 22.25 billion reais in December, the central bank said on Wednesday.
The primary budget surplus is a gauge closely watched by investors because it measures a country's ability to service its debt. It represents the excess of revenue over expenditures before interest payments are taken into account.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation