Commerzbank says repaid ECB's LTRO II crisis loans
FRANKFURT Feb 27 (Reuters) - Commerzbank said it paid back on Wednesday the 6.2 billion euros ($8.11 billion) in crisis loans it took out as part of the European Central bank's second Long-Term Refinancing Operation (LTRO II) a year ago.
The ECB said last week that banks around Europe will repay less than half the expected amount of the crisis loans they took a year ago, suggesting much of the euro zone financial system is still hooked on cheap ECB funds.
($1 = 0.7649 euros) (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |