Japan's Amari: EU will try to prevent recurrence of debt crisis
TOKYO Feb 27 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Wednesday that the European Union as a whole will try to prevent concerns over the political gridlock in Italy causing a recurrence of the euro zone debt crisis.
In addition, Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said bond yields of peripheral nations such as Greece and Italy are below their peak levels, a Cabinet Office Official said, citing the governor's comments.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season