Limited forecasts profit for quarter and year below estimates
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Limited Brands Inc on Wednesday forecast profit for the current quarter and fiscal year below analysts' expectations, and its shares fell 1.3 percent in after-market trading.
The parent of retailers Victoria's Secret, La Senza and Bath & Body Works also posted net income of $411.4 million, or $1.39 a share, for the fourth quarter ended Feb. 2, compared with $359.4 million, or $1.17 a share, a year earlier.
Excluding charges for asset impairments, earnings were $1.76 a share. Analysts, on average, had forecast $1.74 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The retailer forecast earnings of 40 cents to 45 cents a share for the first quarter and $2.92 to $3.12 a share for the year. Analysts, on average, had forecast 51 cents for the quarter and $3.24 for the year.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets