Limited forecasts profit for quarter and year below estimates
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Limited Brands Inc on Wednesday forecast profit for the current quarter and fiscal year below analysts' expectations, and its shares fell 1.3 percent in after-market trading.
The parent of retailers Victoria's Secret, La Senza and Bath & Body Works also posted net income of $411.4 million, or $1.39 a share, for the fourth quarter ended Feb. 2, compared with $359.4 million, or $1.17 a share, a year earlier.
Excluding charges for asset impairments, earnings were $1.76 a share. Analysts, on average, had forecast $1.74 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The retailer forecast earnings of 40 cents to 45 cents a share for the first quarter and $2.92 to $3.12 a share for the year. Analysts, on average, had forecast 51 cents for the quarter and $3.24 for the year.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief