Nikkei edges up on short-covering after Wall Street jump
TOKYO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up on Wednesday on short-covering after falling sharply on the previous day, as hopes for continuing Federal Reserve stimulus boosted Wall Street. The Nikkei added 0.1 percent to 11,412.79, while the broader Topix was flat at 967.00.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work