US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 posts best gain since Jan. 2 on Bernanke
NEW YORK Feb 27 (Reuters) - All three major U.S. stock indexes rose more than 1 percent on Wednesday and the S&P 500 posted its best daily percentage gain since Jan. 2 as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke remained steadfast in his support of the Fed's stimulus policy.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 175.24 points, or 1.26 percent, at 14,075.37. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 19.05 points, or 1.27 percent, at 1,515.99. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 32.61 points, or 1.04 percent, at 3,162.26.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia