US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains, with the Nasdaq up about 1 percent, as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke repeated his strong support for the Fed's stimulus efforts.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 96.77 points, or 0.70 percent, at 13,996.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 11.93 points, or 0.80 percent, at 1,508.87. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 30.75 points, or 0.98 percent, at 3,160.39.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials