US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 27 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Wednesday as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his support of the Fed's stimulus policy, while data on housing and durable goods added to bullish sentiment.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 123.12 points, or 0.89 percent, at 14,023.25. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 15.45 points, or 1.03 percent, at 1,512.39. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 36.64 points, or 1.17 percent, at 3,166.28.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |