US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 27 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Wednesday as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his support of the Fed's stimulus policy, while data on housing and durable goods added to bullish sentiment.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 123.12 points, or 0.89 percent, at 14,023.25. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 15.45 points, or 1.03 percent, at 1,512.39. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 36.64 points, or 1.17 percent, at 3,166.28.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message