MBIA posts fourth-quarter profit on derivative gains
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Bond insurer MBIA Inc reported a quarterly profit, helped by changes in the fair value of insured credit derivatives.
Net profit was $636 million, or $3.26 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31 compared to a loss of $626 million, or $3.23 per share, a year ago.
Total premium earned in the U.S. public finance insurance segment rose eight percent to $122 million.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |