MBIA posts fourth-quarter profit on derivative gains
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Bond insurer MBIA Inc reported a quarterly profit, helped by changes in the fair value of insured credit derivatives.
Net profit was $636 million, or $3.26 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31 compared to a loss of $626 million, or $3.23 per share, a year ago.
Total premium earned in the U.S. public finance insurance segment rose eight percent to $122 million.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data