MBIA posts fourth-quarter profit on derivative gains
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Bond insurer MBIA Inc reported a quarterly profit, helped by changes in the fair value of insured credit derivatives.
Net profit was $636 million, or $3.26 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31 compared to a loss of $626 million, or $3.23 per share, a year ago.
Total premium earned in the U.S. public finance insurance segment rose eight percent to $122 million.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities