Office Depot shareholder urges co to explore sale of Mexican JV
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Office Depot Inc's largest shareholder, Starboard Value LP, urged the stationery retailer to explore the sale of its Office Depot De Mexico joint venture interest.
Starboard, which owns a 14.8 percent stake in the company, said in a letter to the company's board it believes the value of Office Depot's 50 percent joint venture interest in the Mexican business is not fully reflected in the retailer's stock price.
Office Depot said last week it would merge with smaller rival OfficeMax Inc in a $976 million all-stock deal.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, including gunman, in shooting at Washington high school: police
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order