Macau casino SJM 2012 net profit up 27 percent
HONG KONG Feb 27 (Reuters) - Macau casino SJM Holdings Ltd , controlled by the family of billionaire tycoon Stanley Ho, posted a 27 percent increase in net profit for 2012.
SJM, in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Wednesday, said net profit for the last year was HK$6.7 billion ($863 million), just shy of a Thomson Reuters forecast of HK$6.8 billion.
Macau is the only place where Chinese nationals are legally allowed to gamble.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |