Macau casino SJM 2012 net profit up 27 percent
HONG KONG Feb 27 (Reuters) - Macau casino SJM Holdings Ltd , controlled by the family of billionaire tycoon Stanley Ho, posted a 27 percent increase in net profit for 2012.
SJM, in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Wednesday, said net profit for the last year was HK$6.7 billion ($863 million), just shy of a Thomson Reuters forecast of HK$6.8 billion.
Macau is the only place where Chinese nationals are legally allowed to gamble.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |