Macau casino SJM 2012 net profit up 27 percent
HONG KONG Feb 27 (Reuters) - Macau casino SJM Holdings Ltd , controlled by the family of billionaire tycoon Stanley Ho, posted a 27 percent increase in net profit for 2012.
SJM, in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Wednesday, said net profit for the last year was HK$6.7 billion ($863 million), just shy of a Thomson Reuters forecast of HK$6.8 billion.
Macau is the only place where Chinese nationals are legally allowed to gamble.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea