Embraer's U.S. contract is good news for Boeing's Brazil bid-source
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - A U.S. Air Force contract won by Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA) is a "very good development" for a bid by Boeing SA (BA.N) to supply fighter jets for Brazil's armed forces, a senior Brazilian official said on Wednesday.
Embraer and its U.S.-based partner, Sierra Nevada, were awarded a $427.5 million deal to supply 20 light attack planes for the Afghan military, the Pentagon announced after the close of business on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Ebola deaths surge in Sierra Leone and Liberia: WHO