Embraer's U.S. contract is good news for Boeing's Brazil bid-source
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - A U.S. Air Force contract won by Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA) is a "very good development" for a bid by Boeing SA (BA.N) to supply fighter jets for Brazil's armed forces, a senior Brazilian official said on Wednesday.
Embraer and its U.S.-based partner, Sierra Nevada, were awarded a $427.5 million deal to supply 20 light attack planes for the Afghan military, the Pentagon announced after the close of business on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video