Embraer's U.S. contract is good news for Boeing's Brazil bid-source
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - A U.S. Air Force contract won by Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA) is a "very good development" for a bid by Boeing SA (BA.N) to supply fighter jets for Brazil's armed forces, a senior Brazilian official said on Wednesday.
Embraer and its U.S.-based partner, Sierra Nevada, were awarded a $427.5 million deal to supply 20 light attack planes for the Afghan military, the Pentagon announced after the close of business on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week