Embraer's U.S. contract is good news for Boeing's Brazil bid-source
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - A U.S. Air Force contract won by Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA) is a "very good development" for a bid by Boeing SA (BA.N) to supply fighter jets for Brazil's armed forces, a senior Brazilian official said on Wednesday.
Embraer and its U.S.-based partner, Sierra Nevada, were awarded a $427.5 million deal to supply 20 light attack planes for the Afghan military, the Pentagon announced after the close of business on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East