Fed's Fisher would start tapering of QE3 immediately
NEW YORK Feb 27 (Reuters) - An outspoken policy hawk at the Federal Reserve on Wednesday upped the ante on his criticism of the U.S. central bank's bond-buying program, arguing he would like to see the purchases of Treasury and mortgage securities tapered immediately.
Richard Fisher, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, had not previously been explicit about when the Fed should begin tapering its $85 billion in monthly asset buys.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |