Samsung Elec says loses a Japan patent lawsuit to Apple
SEOUL Feb 28 (Reuters) - A Tokyo court on Thursday ruled in favour of Apple Inc in a patent lawsuit over mobile devices filed by Samsung Electronics, the South Korean firm said.
The world's top two smartphone makers are engaged in a global legal battle over patents on smartphones and tablets, as they vie to win customers in the lucrative mobile market.
"We are disappointed by today's court decision. Following a thorough review of the ruling, we will take the measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights," Samsung said in a statement without giving further details.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds