Samsung Elec says loses a Japan patent lawsuit to Apple
SEOUL Feb 28 (Reuters) - A Tokyo court on Thursday ruled in favour of Apple Inc in a patent lawsuit over mobile devices filed by Samsung Electronics, the South Korean firm said.
The world's top two smartphone makers are engaged in a global legal battle over patents on smartphones and tablets, as they vie to win customers in the lucrative mobile market.
"We are disappointed by today's court decision. Following a thorough review of the ruling, we will take the measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights," Samsung said in a statement without giving further details.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park