Indonesia's Astra Q4 net profit rises 9 pct, meets forecast
JAKARTA Feb 28 (Reuters) - PT Astra International , Indonesia's main vehicle distributor and biggest listed company, reported fourth quarter 2012 net profit rose 9.4 percent, driven by surging auto sales despite sluggish commodities demand.
Astra, which is controlled by Singapore's Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd, reported fourth-quarter net profit of 4.75 trillion rupiah ($490.42 million). That compared with a net profit of 4.34 trillion rupiah in the same period a year earlier. (Reporting by Janeman Latul; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill