Indonesia's Astra Q4 net profit rises 9 pct, meets forecast
JAKARTA Feb 28 (Reuters) - PT Astra International , Indonesia's main vehicle distributor and biggest listed company, reported fourth quarter 2012 net profit rose 9.4 percent, driven by surging auto sales despite sluggish commodities demand.
Astra, which is controlled by Singapore's Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd, reported fourth-quarter net profit of 4.75 trillion rupiah ($490.42 million). That compared with a net profit of 4.34 trillion rupiah in the same period a year earlier. (Reporting by Janeman Latul; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |