Chrysler to invest $374 mln in Indiana plants, create 1,250 jobs
KOKOMO, Indiana Feb 28 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC said on Thursday it will invest $374 million in four Indiana plants and create 1,250 jobs in the state.
The U.S. automaker, majority owned by Italy's Fiat SpA , said the largest investment, of $162 million, will be made in its Tipton plant to make a nine-speed transmission.
The rest will be made at Chrysler's Kokomo Transmission, Kokomo Casting and Indiana Transmission factories for additional tooling and equipment.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |