Chrysler to invest $374 mln in Indiana plants, create 1,250 jobs
KOKOMO, Indiana Feb 28 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC said on Thursday it will invest $374 million in four Indiana plants and create 1,250 jobs in the state.
The U.S. automaker, majority owned by Italy's Fiat SpA , said the largest investment, of $162 million, will be made in its Tipton plant to make a nine-speed transmission.
The rest will be made at Chrysler's Kokomo Transmission, Kokomo Casting and Indiana Transmission factories for additional tooling and equipment.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine