Cablevision posts higher results on Dish court settlement
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Cablevision Systems Corp took a $100 million hit on costs related to Superstorm Sandy but still posted higher quarterly net income, thanks to a $200 million payment from Dish Network Corp it received as part of a legal settlement.
The cable service provider posted on Thursday net income for the fourth quarter of $116 million or 45 cents per share compared with net income of $60 million or 22 cents per share in the fourth quarter a year before.
Revenue fell to $1.66 billion from $1.69 billion a year earlier, just missing Wall Street expectations of $1.68 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets