Canada doesn't expect U.S. will veto Keystone pipeline: minister
OTTAWA Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canadian Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver said on Thursday he did not anticipate that the United States would reject TransCanada Corp's proposed Keystone XL pipeline from the Alberta oil sands to the Texas coast.
Green groups strongly oppose the pipeline, which they say will help boost global warming. U.S. officials say they expect a final decision by the middle of the year.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study