CIBC profit falls 4 pct on legal settlement charge
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 4 percent fall in quarterly profit after it recorded a one-time legal settlement charge.
First-quarter profit fell to C$798 million ($777 million), or C$1.91 per share, from C$835 million, or C$1.93 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, Canada's fifth-largest bank earned C$895 million, or C$2.15 per share.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |